The Documents module allows candidates to demonstrate the ability to use a Documents application to accomplish everyday tasks associated with creating, formatting, and finishing word processing documents, such as letters and other everyday documents
Clearly presented and well-structured documents are essential for many different activities, and the skills and knowledge needed to produce them are required in a diverse range of job roles. These skills and knowledge are set out in ICDL Documents, which sets the standard for how word processing tools can be used to create effective documents.
|Using the application||
What are the benefits of this module?
- Covers the key skills needed to use a Document application.
- Can be applied to a range of word processing software from vendor packages to ‘freeware’.
- Certifies best practice in effective Documents software use.
- Developed with input from computer users, subject matter experts, and practising computer professionals from all over the world. This process ensures the relevance and range of module content.
On completion of this module the candidate will be able to:
- Work with documents and save them in different file formats, locally or in the cloud.
- Use available help resources, shortcuts and the go to tool to enhance productivity.
- Create and edit word processing documents that will be ready to share and distribute.
- Apply different formats and styles to enhance documents and recognise good practice in choosing the appropriate formatting options.
- Insert tables, pictures and drawn objects into documents.
- Prepare documents for mail merge operations.
- Adjust document page settings and check and correct spelling before printing.
The detailed syllabus for the Word Processing module is publicly available, so that there is complete clarity about what is covered.
The syllabus document, which sets out the specific skills and knowledge that you will learn and against which you will be certified, can be downloaded here.
Do you want to better understand the Word Processing module and how we test skills and knowledge
Try out the Word Processing sample tests here to get a feel for the coverage of the module, or practice before your certification test.
ICDL Workforce Modules
Designed to build the critical digital skills of the modern workplace, ICDL Workforce is a tiered programme that will help employees with effective use of technology.
The modules in ICDL Workforce are:
Computer and Online Essentials