The Data Protection module sets out essential knowledge relating to data protection concepts and principles, data subject rights, the implementation of data protection policies and measures, and regulatory compliance.
It is more important than ever that the people working with often sensitive personal data have the skills to do so securely and legally. The personal consequences for individuals of a breach of the security of their personal data can be substantial, as can be the legal and commercial consequences for organisations. Skills for data protection are needed for increasing numbers of workers—ICDL Data Protection delivers these skills
|Data subject rights||
What are the benefits of this module?
- Creates awareness of the principles of data protection.
- Develops a practical understanding of how to protect personal data.
- Supports your organisation’s need to be compliant with the GDPR.
- Sets out your rights as a data subject.
- Relevant for organisations inside and outside Europe.
- Developed with input from subject matter experts and practising professionals
On completion of this module the candidate will be able to:
- Understand concepts relating to personal data and its protection.
- Understand the rationale, objectives, and scope of the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- Outline the key principles of the GDPR relating to the lawful processing of personal data.
- Understand the rights of data subjects and how they are upheld.
- Understand that company policies and methods should comply with data protection regulations, and outline key technical and organisational measures to achieve this.
- Understand how to respond to data breaches and the consequences of not complying with data protection regulations.
The detailed syllabus for the Data Protection module is publicly available, so that there is complete clarity about what is covered.
The syllabus document, which sets out the specific skills and knowledge that you will learn and against which you will be certified, can be downloaded here.
Do you want to better understand the Data Protection module and how we test skills and knowledge
Try out the Data Protection sample tests here to get a feel for the coverage of the module, or practice before your certification test.
ICDL Workforce modules
Designed to build the critical digital skills of the modern workplace, ICDL Workforce is a tiered programme that will help employees with effective use of technology.
It starts with the Essential Skills modules that are important for many other ICDL programmes. The Office Applications modules develop skills that are commonly used in working life. Complementing these skills are the Good Practice modules, which ensure safe, legal and productive use of technology in the workplace.
The modules in ICDL Workforce are: