The Web Editing 2.0 module sets out the skills and knowledge required to understand key web publishing concepts and to create, upload, and maintain a web site.
Every organisation, big or small, needs to have a web presence. Developing and maintaining a well-designed web site is a crucial tool for communication and engagement. Supporting these activities, the Web Editing module explains relevant concepts and builds the skills associated with using web publishing software.
What are the benefits of this module?
- Applicable to a variety of web publishing software.
- Provides the candidate with the skills to develop, publish, and maintain a website.
- Certifies best practice in website creation.
- Developed with input from computer users, subject matter experts, and practising computer professionals from all over the world. This process ensures the relevance and range of module content.
On completion of this module the candidate will be able to:
- Understand key web concepts and terms.
- Know about the basic principles of HTML; use common HTML mark-up tags to modify the layout of a web page.
- Use a web authoring application to design and format web pages; format text; work with hyperlinks and tables.
- Recognise and use common web image formats; create forms in a web page.
- Understand and use cascading style sheets.
- Prepare web pages for publishing to a web server.
The detailed syllabus for the Web Editing module is publicly available, so that there is complete clarity about what is covered.
The syllabus document, which sets out the specific skills and knowledge that you will learn and against which you will be certified, can be downloaded here.