The Project Planning 1.0 module sets out the skills and knowledge associated with using project management software to prepare project plans and monitor projects, including planning and managing time, costs, tasks, and resources.
The effective and efficient management of projects is an integral part of many professional job roles. Projects often require the planning and coordination of many different resources, inputs, and activities, and specialised software can help to manage this complexity.The Project Planning module introduces the conceptual principles underpinning project management and covers the specific skills required to use project management software to help achieve project goals.
|Project management tools||
|Resources and costs||
What are the benefits of this module?
- Covers the key skills needed to use project planning applications.
- Can be applied to a range of project planning software from vendor packages to freeware.
- Certifies best practice in effective project planning software use.
- Developed with input from computer users, subject matter experts, and practising computer professionals from all over the world. This process ensures the relevance and range of module content.
On completion of this module the candidate will be able to:
- Understand the key concepts relating to managing projects.
- Use a project management application to create a new project and maintain an existing project.
- Create and schedule tasks; add project constraints and deadlines.
- Assign costs; create and assign resources to tasks.
- View the critical path, monitor progress, and reschedule work.
- Prepare and print outputs, including charts and reports.
The detailed syllabus for the Project Planning module is publicly available, so that there is complete clarity about what is covered.
The syllabus document, which sets out the specific skills and knowledge that you will learn and against which you will be certified, can be downloaded here.
Do you want to better understand the Project Planning module and how we test skills and knowledge?
Try out the Project Planning sample tests here to get a feel for the coverage of the module, or practice before your certification test.