The Financial Spreadsheets module covers the advanced skills needed to produce sophisticated reports, perform complex mathematical and statistical calculations, and improve productivity using a spreadsheet application.
Spreadsheets are an important tool for managing and analysing financial data. But taking advantage of the more advanced features that spreadsheet tools offer needs deeper, enhanced skills. This module will help professionals use the complex capabilities of spreadsheet tools to understand data and make informed decisions.
This module is suitable for people who are already proficient in common spreadsheet activities, such as those covered in the ICDL Spreadsheets module. It looks at elements of spreadsheet use most relevant to people working in finance roles and complements the skills and concepts in the ICDL Spreadsheets (Advanced) module.
Develop the advanced spreadsheet skills needed for finance and accountancy tasks.
|Formulas and functions||
|Validating and auditing||
Main learning outcomes
Successful candidates will be proficient using the advanced features of spreadsheet tools for the analysis of financial data. After passing this module, candidates will feel confident using spreadsheets to carry out logical, statistical, financial, and mathematical operations. They will be able to:
- understand functions such as those associated with logical, statistical, financial, and mathematical operations
- use tables and lists to analyse, filter, sort, validate, and audit data, as well as create and use scenarios
- apply advanced formatting options such as conditional formatting, customised number formatting, and chart formatting
- use linking, embedding and importing features as well as comparing and merging spreadsheets
- understand the productivity and security features of spreadsheet tools.
Why certify with ICDL?
- ICDL certification is internationally recognised by employers and institutions.
- ICDL modules are developed with input from computer users, subject matter experts, and practising professionals from all over the world.
- The regularly updated syllabus content reflects day-to-day tasks and responsibilities typical of job roles.
- ICDL modules focus on skills acquisition as well as an understanding of concepts.
- ICDL syllabus content is vendor-independent so that skills and knowledge are transferable.
- ICDL has rigorous Quality Assurance Standards (QAS) and regular quality audits are conducted internally and externally.
ICDL Professional modules
Designed to meet the needs of modern professionals in a range of sectors, ICDL Professional develops advanced level skills for those with technology-reliant roles. From the use of business applications to the fundamentals of advanced technologies, these skills allow them to manage different types of workload as well as collaborate with technical teams.
ICDL Professional contains a range of modules which can be combined in any way to create a unique ICDL Profile. The syllabus content of each module is supported by learning materials that mirror day-to-day tasks and responsibilities typical of a role in the sector or industry.
The modules in ICDL Professional are:
Offer ICDL in your organisation
You can use ICDL as a training centre, a school or college, or for your own staff within your organisation.
To offer ICDL certification, you should contact the local ICDL operator in your country.
You can find contact details for all ICDL operators on our ‘ICDL in your country‘ page.
Find an ICDL course near you
Certifying your digital skills with ICDL is simple:
- Assess your existing skills with a Diagnostic Test
- Build your skills during a course or through learning in your own time
- Certify your skills and earn an ICDL certificate
ICDL Diagnostic Tests, Certification Tests, and courses are available through a network of test centres around Europe.
To get started, find an ICDL Accredited Test Centre near you