The Documents (Advanced) sets out the advanced skills that can be used to produce complex documents, enhance outputs and improve productivity when using word processing software.
Whether you need to write a long report in a business setting, ensuring that it is well-formatted and attractively laid out, or you need to prepare a template to present complex information, having the skills to take advantage of your word processing software can help you get your message across clearly and persuasively. The Documents (Advanced) module is for anyone who wants to go beyond basic Documents features and produce complex or well-structured documents.
What are the benefits of this module?
- Allows users to become more confident, efficient and effective in using a The Documents (Advanced) application.
- Proves mastery of the application.
- Enables users to produce and manage large, complex word processing outputs.
- Improves user’s productivity and saves time.
- Developed with input from computer users, subject matter experts and practising computer professionals from all over the world. This process ensures the relevance and range of module content.
On completion of this module the candidate will be able to:
- Apply advanced text, paragraph, column and table formatting. Maintain a consistent design through the use of character and paragraph styles.
- Work with referencing features like footnotes, endnotes and captions. Manage citations and bibliography using a chosen citation style. Create tables of contents, indexes and cross-references.
- Enhance productivity by using fields, forms and templates.
- Apply advanced mail merge techniques and work with automation features like macros.
- Use linking and embedding features to integrate data.
- Collaborate on and review documents locally or online. Apply document security features.
- Work with watermarks, sections, and headers and footers in a document. Use a thesaurus and manage spell check settings.
The detailed syllabus for the Documents (Advanced) module is publicly available, so that there is complete clarity about what is covered.
The syllabus document, which sets out the specific skills and knowledge that you will learn and against which you will be certified, can be downloaded here.