On completion of this module the candidate will be able to:
- Understand web browsing and online security concepts.
- Use the web browser and manage browser settings, bookmarks, and web outputs.
- Search effectively for online information and critically evaluate web content.
- Understand key copyright and data protection issues.
- Understand concepts of online communities, communications and email.
- Send, receive e-mails and manage email settings.
- Organise and search emails and use calendars.
What are the benefits of this module?
- Covers the key skills needed to understand the main concepts relating to web browsing and online security.
- Certifies best practice in effective online computer use.
Developed with input from computer users, subject matter experts, and practising computer professionals from all over the world. This process ensures the relevance and range of module content.
The Syllabus sets out the specific knowledge and skills that make up this module, as informed by input from subject matter experts from a wide range of computer societies and organisations.
Online Essentials Syllabus Overview:
|Web Browsing Concepts||
ICDL Africa provides sample tests to enable potential candidates and employers to understand Online Essentials in more depth and prepare for testing.
Please note: Answers are provided for the multiple choice questions of the sample papers, please refer to ICDL training materials for information on practical tasks.